Effective November 2022
Overview and scope
1. The personal information that we collect and use
The information that we collect directly from you includes your name, email address, and phone number that you provide when you use our Service. If you choose not to provide the information requested, it may limit the ability of Phenom People to provide you with a specific service or particular content.
We do not actively request or collect special categories of personal information unless you provide this to us when you use our Site and Service.
2. How we use your personal information and the basis on which we use it
We use your personal information to:
- provide our Site and Services e.g. allow you to request a demo and complete a job application;
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- verify your identity;
- contact you in connection with your use of the Site and Service; and
- contact you with marketing and offers relating to products and services offered by us (unless you have opted out of marketing, or we are otherwise prevented by law from doing so).
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example to provide the Site and Service;
- to meet our legitimate interests, for example to understand how you use our Site and Services and to enable us to derive knowledge from that to enable us to develop new services, such as for the purpose of fraud monitoring and prevention, audits, and to promote the safety and security of the Site. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; and
3. Your rights over your personal information
In certain countries (for example in the UK and EU) you may have the right under applicable local law to request access, change or delete certain personal data that we hold in relation to you, or to object to or restrict the processing of certain personal information, receive personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (also known as the right of data portability), and lodge a complaint with a local data protection authority.
We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
If you want to update the information that we hold about you or if you no longer desire our Service, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or modify the information we hold by sending an inquiry using our online Privacy Webform. Given the nature of the services that we provide we may have shared your personal information with employers and other third parties. You may need to make requests to such third parties in accordance with the instructions in their privacy policies if you require them to update the records that they hold about you.
If you want to discuss or exercise any of your rights under this policy, please contact our online Privacy Webform.
4. Information Sharing
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Phenom People Clients: Phenom People works with Clients to provide the Service. Information about your use of the Service and visits to the Site may be shared with the specific Client for which you visited the Site and to which you subscribed. Clients using Phenom People Services to attract job applicants may receive or access your personal information in conjunction with their use of the Services.
- Service providers and business partners: We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as sending emails or SMS text messages through the platform, live help feature or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party: We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
5. Information Security and Storage
We implement technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal information we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal information and include the encryption of personal information using secure socket layer technology. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
6. International Data Transfers
7. Changes to this policy
8. Contact Us
300 Brookside Avenue
Building 18, Suite 200
Ambler, PA 19002
or use our online Privacy Webform.
THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO USERS LOCATED IN CALIFORNIA, NEVADA AND DELAWARE
Privacy Notice for California, Nevada, and Delaware Residents (“Privacy Notice”)
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and its implementing regulations, as well as Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.300 et seq and Delaware Online and Personal Privacy Protection Act, require us to make certain disclosures regarding our privacy practices.
For the purposes of this section only, “personal information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” “Personal information” does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records.Collection, Use, and Disclosure of PI
We may hold data on you in our role as a service provider to a client company, and we may hold data about you on our own behalf. We collect, use, and disclose personal information as follows:
Categories of Personal Information We May Collect
- Identifiers: name, postal address, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, phone number.
- Commercial information: products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement
- Audio and Video: if you visit our facilities that employ CCTV, we may capture your likeness on video as you pass through secured areas.
How We Collect Personal Information
We have collected the above categories and types of personal information directly from individuals through our website or during customer support contact, directly from our business customers, and through business documents such as our contracts and other shared documents. We also collect personal information automatically using cookies and similar trackers.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- providing the Service to our business customers.
- fulfilling your requests.
- communicating with you about our Services or the Site;
- conducting business together.
- protecting our legal interests and abiding by our legal obligations.
- protecting the security of our systems and facilities.
- analyzing our business and web site performance; and marketing to you (with your consent, as required by applicable law).
How We Share Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information with third parties for a business purpose. These third parties include analytics providers and other service providers under contract to us. These service providers are prohibited from using your personal information except at our direction. We may also disclose your personal information to government entities or other third parties associated with legal or tax requirements, or in the case of a proposed merger, acquisition, asset sale, or other corporate transaction.
Please refer to the Contact Us section above if you would like to update their information on the Phenom platform.
The Site does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Your Rights as a California Resident
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights (subject to certain limits under California law), such as:
Right to Know and Right to Request Information
You may have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose or sell. You have the right to request information about the personal information we’ve collected about you within the last twelve months. You may request to know if we have collected, sold, or shared with third parties for a business purpose the following information:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information about you;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- Whether we have sold your personal information and if so the categories of personal information that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Whether we have disclosed your personal information for a business purpose and if so, the categories of personal information that each category of recipient received.
You may request this information no more than two times per year.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you. Under certain circumstances we may be unable to delete your personal information; for example, to comply with legal obligations, or for our legitimate business purposes.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
The CCPA provides California residents the right to opt out of sales of their personal information to third parties. We do not engage in sales of personal information and have not sold the personal information of California or Nevada residents in the preceding twelve months. We also do not sell the personal information of minors under the age of 16 years of age. This fact notwithstanding, you can submit a request to be opted out of any future data sales by sending a request using our online Privacy Webform.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your privacy rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your rights as a California resident, you may make a request in the following ways:
- Using the online Privacy Webform; or
- calling our toll-free number at 1-800-501-4049
When you submit a request, we will verify your request and identity, and we reserve the right to take additional steps necessary for verification. For example, we may seek to establish your identity by requesting additional information from you that we can match with information that we have in our records.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request to know or a request to delete your personal information by providing the authorized agent written permission to do so; and by verifying your own identity with us directly. We will deny any requests from agents that do not submit proof of authorization. Requests submitted via authorized agents will be subject to similar verification processes as direct requests.
If you wish to exercise your rights pertaining to the personal information we may hold about you as a service provider to a client company, please direct your request(s) to that company.
Changes to this policy
300 Brookside Avenue
Building 18, Suite 200
Ambler, PA 19002
or use our online Privacy Webform